Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware on my intel Mac book pro

Hi,

I been having trouble getting my Mac to work for me. It for a million things that I have not asked it to do, enough that it can’t run the programs I bought it to run. (Protocols and universal, audio software)

I realize this may sound crazy but I’m certain I’ve got a real bad bug attached to my recovery partition. When I format the disks (all but the recovery drive, load my software it works beautifully. Three days later (even sooner now) it’s all back on there and not working for me anymore.

If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it. I been in this ground hog day circle for years now and I’m running out of life without leaving many great tunes I’ve write through my lifetime.

a thousand thanks ahead of time.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:41 AM

Urockjoejoe wrote:

Hi,
I been having trouble getting my Mac to work for me. It for a million things that I have not asked it to do, enough that it can’t run the programs I bought it to run. (Protocols and universal, audio software)

I realize this may sound crazy but I’m certain I’ve got a real bad bug attached to my recovery partition. When I format the disks (all but the recovery drive, load my software it works beautifully. Three days later (even sooner now) it’s all back on there and not working for me anymore.

If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it. I been in this ground hog day circle for years now and I’m running out of life without leaving many great tunes I’ve write through my lifetime.

You can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Urockjoejoe

Urockjoejoe wrote:

Hi,

You can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Malware on my intel Mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.