Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone got a marginal amount of water in the cameraknow people have solved this issue on their own so why an Apple tech can’t even make an effort seems uncool. Take it apdry it out,, it may well work. If not, swap out

My phone got a marginal amount of water in the camera. I figured they’d fry it out, maybe swap some components? But nah, it seems these techs have been conditioned to refuse even an attempt at restoring its health.  They see water and it’s automatically “sorry dude, you’ll need to spend another 1k on a new phone. 

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 5:30 AM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2022 5:37 AM in response to shantd

My phone got a marginal amount of water in the camera. I figured they’d fry it out, maybe swap some components? But nah, it seems these techs have been conditioned to refuse even an attempt at restoring its health.  They see water and it’s “sorry dude, you need to buy spend another 1k on a phone. Just feels wrong to me. Water isn’t an automatic death sentence.

Nov 12, 2022 5:42 AM in response to shantd

most of the Apple techs are great kids, I wanna be crystal clear about that. Just try to remember that we’re counting on your professionalism and the expectation that you’ll do everything there is to do before saying “sorry, but that drop of water completely threw off my game. I tried my man, I think it’s time to accept that it’s time for a new phone. It’s infuriating.

My phone got a marginal amount of water in the cameraknow people have solved this issue on their own so why an Apple tech can’t even make an effort seems uncool. Take it apdry it out,, it may well work. If not, swap out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.