Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone’s Alarm

This morning I woke up late due to my alarm not going off. Last night I set an alarm for 6 AM with Never repeat ticked, Alarm sound ticked. The snooze was ticked as well but I woke up at 7:30 AM. I opened up my phone there was no snooze message with the button or sound going off. The volume was all the way up too max and the silent mode switch wasn’t flipped. I went into the alarm list and the alarm had somehow been turned off. My door to my bedroom is locked and my phone is mounted on a stand at the end of me bed where my feet rest. I don’t have history of sleep walking which I guess could cause this to happen. So I guess next time I’m going to setup a camera. I just think this is very odd because I definitely turned the alarm on last night. I’m afraid someone might be getting into my phone and toying with it remotely. If it continues I might want to disconnect from Apple products entirely for the breach on my security and life.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:24 AM

Can your feet reach the iPhone? How restless was your sleep? Does movement from your bed move the night stand at your feet? If so, move it away from the bed. I don’t believe it’s a security breach. When I started using the iPhone alarm, there was a time or two when the alarm was inadvertently turned off. It ended up being user error - mishandling or not exiting the Alarm page correctly which did not correctly set the alarm. Here is how I resolved it:

• Delete the alarm and create a new one, allowing snooze and tapping Save and exiting properly.
  • After getting back to the Home Screen, open the alarm again to verify it is on.
  • Create a new alarm for 10 minutes after the first. Allow snooze, exit properly, then go back again to verify.

Try doing this for a day time period to see if it works when you are not in bed. Then try it again at night. I’m sorry you are having this problem. Please let us know if any of this helps resolve the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 6:24 AM in response to ChrisJMOravez

Can your feet reach the iPhone? How restless was your sleep? Does movement from your bed move the night stand at your feet? If so, move it away from the bed. I don’t believe it’s a security breach. When I started using the iPhone alarm, there was a time or two when the alarm was inadvertently turned off. It ended up being user error - mishandling or not exiting the Alarm page correctly which did not correctly set the alarm. Here is how I resolved it:

• Delete the alarm and create a new one, allowing snooze and tapping Save and exiting properly.
  • After getting back to the Home Screen, open the alarm again to verify it is on.
  • Create a new alarm for 10 minutes after the first. Allow snooze, exit properly, then go back again to verify.

Try doing this for a day time period to see if it works when you are not in bed. Then try it again at night. I’m sorry you are having this problem. Please let us know if any of this helps resolve the issue.

Nov 12, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Carol B.

Yeah, I guess that could have been possible. I was having a bad dream too and my socks were off. So it would have recognized it as touch. It bridged a tremendous foot in a quarter gap though. Which is odd to say the least. I do think there should be an option to turn off the “stop” button from bypassing the lock and showing up on the screen during snooze. That way you’d only be allowed for it to be turned off via side power button which requires a more forceful click or after you’ve unlocked the phone. To avoid any false contact with the screen.

iPhone’s Alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.