Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check if the GPS of my iPhone is malfunctioning?

Years ago I activated the tracing in Google Maps and I find this feature very useful. I don't get always detailed information about the routes I travel and sometimes google Maps doesn't even detect the places where I've been, but it's generally a good reminder of my activities.

However these last months I realized that Google Maps is getting worse in tracing and often doesn't record a few places where I've been.

Of course this is a big problem if I don't check often the chronology of my days: anyway when I check I have a lot of work to do to add places and to add timing: moreover I'm very disapponted as I don't have the trace of my routes.

I presume that Google Maps receives the information from my iPhone ... therefore I'm worried because I think that my iPhone GPS doesn't work correctly or doesn't work at all from time to time!

How can I check

-if the GPS of my iPhone is malfunctioning or

-if my iPhone doesn't regularly send information to Google Maps (and why)

Thanks in advance

Alberto

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:41 AM

Alberto Ferrari1 wrote:

How can I check

The easiest way to check your GPS is to open Maps, or Google Maps and check your location. If it is showing correctly, that shows it should be working.

I'm not sure exactly how Google Maps gets the information, however I suspect that Google could answer your question. Since Google maps is not an Apple product, they would have to help you troubleshoot the problem, so you need to contact Google support if you are experiencing a problem with their app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Alberto Ferrari1

Alberto Ferrari1 wrote:

How can I check

The easiest way to check your GPS is to open Maps, or Google Maps and check your location. If it is showing correctly, that shows it should be working.

I'm not sure exactly how Google Maps gets the information, however I suspect that Google could answer your question. Since Google maps is not an Apple product, they would have to help you troubleshoot the problem, so you need to contact Google support if you are experiencing a problem with their app.

How can I check if the GPS of my iPhone is malfunctioning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.