Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air does not see Cannon laser Printer MF644CDW

Hi,

Has anyone found a fix for the Canon printer issue for Macbook M1 Air 13.0.1?

Canon color imageclass MF644Cdw.

I believe it has printed from this MacBook in the past.

When I use Apple Sys preferences to look for printer, nothing shows up.

I downloaded the drivers from Canon. Still, nothing shows up. I restarted the computer. Nothing shows up.

Anyone with success. Please let me know, thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:38 PM

Hi Jack-19,

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it out -

1. broken on/off switch - probably from over use! It’s a ritual to manually turn on printer to print by wifi.. So I have to open the front cover and push on the inside switch.
  2. Needed to download new drivers from Canon.
  3. I find that unplugging, waiting 5 minutes per Canon, then plugging it back in will have it responding remotely appropriately for about a week.

The whole restart Mac, unplug printer, make a cup of coffee, plug printer back in, is a weekly ritual. The broken physical switch threw a spanner into it this time. Pass the message on!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 3:38 PM in response to Jack-19

Hi Jack-19,

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it out -

1. broken on/off switch - probably from over use! It’s a ritual to manually turn on printer to print by wifi.. So I have to open the front cover and push on the inside switch.
  2. Needed to download new drivers from Canon.
  3. I find that unplugging, waiting 5 minutes per Canon, then plugging it back in will have it responding remotely appropriately for about a week.

The whole restart Mac, unplug printer, make a cup of coffee, plug printer back in, is a weekly ritual. The broken physical switch threw a spanner into it this time. Pass the message on!

Macbook Air does not see Cannon laser Printer MF644CDW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.