Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my recovery key what should i do ?

Need options to recover

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 11:49 PM

If you lost your Recovery Key

As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one of your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 11:49 PM in response to nishantgupta940

If you lost your Recovery Key

As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one of your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID ...

I lost my recovery key what should i do ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.