Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook (Retina, 12", 2017) & Apple Studio Display (27")

Hi All!

After update of the MacBook to macOS Ventura 13 (even after update to 13.0.1), I cannot get my Apple Studio Display working...

I've tried clearing the NVRAM, but I still, at best end-up with scattered both displays - see attachment.

The Studio Display has been working with previous MacOS (after I've done clean Internet install, otherwise it has been having the same symptoms).

Any ideas what am I doing wrong please?

Thank you!

PS: The Studio Display is working just fine with my other MacBook PRO (14", Apple M1 Max).

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 7:51 AM

Have you tried restarting the mac and booting it in the safe mode to see if the problem persists?

To boot your 2017 macbook with intel chip in to the safe mode see this instructions

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

If the issue is not persisting in the safe mode, the issue is caused by some third party software

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2022 7:51 AM in response to Bakuan

Have you tried restarting the mac and booting it in the safe mode to see if the problem persists?

To boot your 2017 macbook with intel chip in to the safe mode see this instructions

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

If the issue is not persisting in the safe mode, the issue is caused by some third party software

MacBook (Retina, 12", 2017) & Apple Studio Display (27")

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.