You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen mirror from iPad to iMac

I want to screen mirror from my iPad to a 2012 iMac 27" running Mountain Lion. (OSX 10.8).

I could update it to Catalina if necessary but the reinstall selected Mountain Lion. I'm hoping it could be useful to send TV, YouTube etc from my iPad. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you for your attention.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 7:52 AM

Hello Les Vogt1,

Per the article Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio from your iPad to a Mac - Apple Support, "You can also mirror your iPad screen to the Mac (macOS 12 or later required)." So your iMac needs to be running a minimum of macOS Monterey. The late 2012 model of iMac can run a maximum of macOS 10.15.7, so it will be unable to mirror your iPad screen.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2022 7:52 AM in response to Les Vogt1

Hello Les Vogt1,

Per the article Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio from your iPad to a Mac - Apple Support, "You can also mirror your iPad screen to the Mac (macOS 12 or later required)." So your iMac needs to be running a minimum of macOS Monterey. The late 2012 model of iMac can run a maximum of macOS 10.15.7, so it will be unable to mirror your iPad screen.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities

Screen mirror from iPad to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.