Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Two-Factor Authentication

Somehow 2Fa got activated on my account though I never wanted it. Could someone please tell me how to turn it off again? I've been using my apple devices for years without this problem. Looking in my Apple ID section on my iPad, I don't see the off button. Please help! I use a landline phone and cannot always run home every time I need to log in. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 2:18 PM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Scroll down toward the end of the document “If you don’t have a trusted device with you” and start reading.

Also read

What is a trusted device?

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It's a device that we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser.

Learn how to see and manage your trusted devices

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2022 2:18 PM in response to ms manatee

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Scroll down toward the end of the document “If you don’t have a trusted device with you” and start reading.

Also read

What is a trusted device?

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It's a device that we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser.

Learn how to see and manage your trusted devices

Turn off Two-Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.