Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura Calendar Duplicates

Currently running Ventura 13.0.1 on a MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019.

Right after I upgraded to Ventura last week, I noticed that I have hundreds of duplicate entries in my Calendar. Ex: Every day is now Pearl Harbor day and also my brother-in-law's birthday.

I stopped syncing with my iPhone because I didn't want the calendar there to be corrupted.

One entry here suggested to restart in Safe Mode because it attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions.

I did that and the calendar in safe mode had all of the duplicates. So I rebooted normally and still had same problem.

Before the upgrade to Ventura, Calendar was fine. After Ventura, Calendar is corrupted. Nothing else changed, so I think it has to be something that Ventura did.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:17 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Claude Crider

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Nov 13, 2022 2:05 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, that was helpful and I'm also very glad to know the proper way to start up in safe mode.

I did everything suggested in the white paper, except unload and reload Ventura. The problem persisted in both safe and normal mode, so I called Apple Support. Apparently this was a one of a kind problem and there is no known fix at this point.

The basic issue is that several of my yearly repeating items in my calendar became daily repeating, so it was cluttering up all of my valid commitments. Every day was Pearl Harbor Day and also my brother-in-laws birthday ;-)

So the approach we came up with is to go back a few days and take each one of the items that is incorrectly repeating daily and change it back to the correct settings . There weren't that many of them. This fixes them going forward, and I'm not going to worry about the ones in the past.

Thanks for your help!!

Ventura Calendar Duplicates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.