Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off iPhone 2 step verification?

HOW DO I TURN OFF 2 STEP VERIFICATION I HATE IT

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 4:00 PM

If you have an iPhone 12, you shouldn't have 2 step verification, you should have two factor authentication. If you have 2 step verification, you should be able to turn that off. Two factor authentication cannot be turned off. See the explanation of both here, Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

13 replies

Nov 13, 2022 4:00 PM in response to Greeneyes4a

Hello ~ Take a look here by clicking on link below…

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support*

*If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

~Katana-San~

Dec 9, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Badgerland13

Hello ~ Have you tried this way?

How do I turn off two-step verification? - Apple Community*

*Sign in to your Apple ID account page.     

In the Security section, Click Edit.

Click Turn Off two-step verification.

Create new security questions and verify your date of birth.

You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ.  *

You can always consider Apple Support ….

Contact Apple for support and service

Contact - Official Apple Support

~Katana-San~

Nov 13, 2022 4:08 PM in response to Katana-San

so I am curious about some thing. So let’s say you have an iPhone and a MacBook or iPad to use with the two factor authentication but then you decide to sell the MacBook and or iPad or they break or stop working then what happens? Say you just have your iPhone or just one device. How does 2FA work in that situation if you no longer have access to your other devices in that scenario?

Thanks.

How do I turn off iPhone 2 step verification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.