Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Battery drowning so quickly?

I used WhatsApp on my iPhone for like 8 minutes and it stayed at 25% on low power mode.After that I put it on the desk for like 7 minutes or so and the battery went from 25% down to 22% also in low power mode.Can someone please explain to me why that is happening?I have also noticed, that the battery life in general is much worst then before.Is it because of the iOS 16 update?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:22 PM

ApFeLkUcHeN8 Said:

"Why is my Battery drowning so quickly?: it has 89% and my problem is , that is was drowning faster in stand by then in wahtsapp (in low power mode)"

-------

Contact the Developer. It may be a bug.

9 replies

Nov 13, 2022 11:12 PM in response to ApFeLkUcHeN8

ApFeLkUcHeN8 Said:

"Why is my Battery drowning so quickly?: I used WhatsApp on my iPhone for like 8 minutes and it stayed at 25% on low power mode.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Draining iPhone Battery:

A. Battery Drain Info:

The iPhone battery will drain, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. As for how fast it would drain the battery, that would depend on the battery health and the volume (sound) you use.

1. Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down: to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

Verify the Baterry Health Percentage:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery. Unfortunately, these if no way to know how, nor when, then percentage decrease occurred. So see if it tine for a new battery...

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

B.. Troubleshooting the Battery:

Nov 14, 2022 3:41 PM in response to ApFeLkUcHeN8

ApFeLkUcHeN8 Said:

"Why is my Battery drowning so quickly?: By the way I installed the new iOS 16.1.1 update and it really improved battery life on my phone."

-------

About Updates and Changes:

When updates are provided, that usually includes bug fixes. So, this likely is all set, being it has improved. Has it stopped draining? Once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower, Apple recommends it is time for a new battery.

Why is my Battery drowning so quickly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.