Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband has put spyware on my iPad. How do I remove it? It’s so irritating.

How do I remove spyware from my iPad? I know my husband has installed it as I leave it around the house. Thank you in advance. I get a message every now and again when I open it that says another device might be recording the data on this device.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 6:46 AM

First, you should ensure that your iPad is protected by a Passcode known only to you - and second, that your AppleID password is also known only to you. If you are sharing a single AppleID account with anyone else, then your ability to keep your devices solely under your control will be impossible.

If you believe that your iPad has software installed that is not of your choosing, as a first step, remove any Apps that you don’t require from your iPad:

Settings > General > iPad Storage

Work your way down the list of installed Apps - and for any that you don’t want or need, tap - and select Delete App (highlighted in red text). Deleting the App removes the App, its data and any related settings from your iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 6:46 AM in response to Kimber399

First, you should ensure that your iPad is protected by a Passcode known only to you - and second, that your AppleID password is also known only to you. If you are sharing a single AppleID account with anyone else, then your ability to keep your devices solely under your control will be impossible.

If you believe that your iPad has software installed that is not of your choosing, as a first step, remove any Apps that you don’t require from your iPad:

Settings > General > iPad Storage

Work your way down the list of installed Apps - and for any that you don’t want or need, tap - and select Delete App (highlighted in red text). Deleting the App removes the App, its data and any related settings from your iPad.

My husband has put spyware on my iPad. How do I remove it? It’s so irritating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.