Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving Facebook Messenger notifications

For the past week, I have not been receiving Facebook Messenger notifications. I've done everything I can think of...updating my phone, checking for FB updates, shutting down, reinstalling Messenger. I need to receive these notifications...please help!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 7:58 AM

I have checked these settings many times and the notifications are always turned on. It's still not working.

3 replies

Nov 15, 2022 6:22 PM in response to erinlealewis

Hello erinlealewis,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We recommend to review the settings on your iPhone to ensure that the notifications for the Messenger app is turned on. There's a variety of different options to enable the notifications for the Messenger app which you can turn on. You'll want to go in Settings > scroll down and locate "Messenger" > Notifications. From here, please make sure that "Allow Notifications" is turned on and then you can configure to select how you would like to receive your notifications within that section, along with the option to select "Messenger Notification Settings."

Following these steps may help.

Kind regards.

Nov 16, 2022 8:08 AM in response to erinlealewis

Hey erinlealewis,

Thanks for the update. If you have already tried the steps provided and it is isolated to only this 3rd party app not sending notifications, you may need to contact the app developer for more information.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Not receiving Facebook Messenger notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.