Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock an original SIM

Apple had had my I-phone 12 sim locked to the phone. My carrier has not been able to get me the information to get it unlocked. The phone is not locked, just the sim. Any suggestions? I'm out of the country and need to use a different sim

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 10:12 AM

Only the carrier can unlock the SIM card. You will need to get in touch with your carrier to ask them to remove the lock.

Please understand they are may be under no obligation to do this, which might explain why they are saying that they cannot provide the information to unlock the SIM card.

The bottom line.....the SIM card will remain locked to your carrier until your carrier removes the lock.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 10:12 AM in response to snowman2006

Only the carrier can unlock the SIM card. You will need to get in touch with your carrier to ask them to remove the lock.

Please understand they are may be under no obligation to do this, which might explain why they are saying that they cannot provide the information to unlock the SIM card.

The bottom line.....the SIM card will remain locked to your carrier until your carrier removes the lock.

How to unlock an original SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.