Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 App Store HELP PLZ

Why am I not able to install free apps in my app store on Iphone 12? When trying to download this is the message I get( REFER TO PICTURE )

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 1:35 PM

You need to tap Continue (see your screenshot) and sign in to view your billing information.

You need to verify your payment information or add a new payment method.

To verify your payment information: Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

See also -> Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 1:35 PM in response to makaylafrommacon

You need to tap Continue (see your screenshot) and sign in to view your billing information.

You need to verify your payment information or add a new payment method.

To verify your payment information: Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

See also -> Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support

Nov 14, 2022 1:53 PM in response to makaylafrommacon

For sure, see the following Apple articles:

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement – Apple Support (UK)

If you don't want to continue a subscription you need always to cancel that subscription in time, see the following Apple articles:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If the subscription that you want to cancel is not listed

If the subscription that you want to cancel is not listed – Apple Support (UK)

It seems something was bought without my knowledge

Can others access your phone, Apple ID, etc?

Check ⤵️

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

See who has access to your device or accounts

See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Manage and use your Apple ID

Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

and i’m not sure if i’m able to dispute the charges. So I have to pay the 10.99 they are asking for until I can update or install anything?

Yes, then try to -> Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

If you have received an invoice from Apple, it will be stated on the invoice for what you have to pay.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

If Apple has approved your request, see this Apple article: Check the status of a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple

Check the status of a refund for apps or content that you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

iphone 12 App Store HELP PLZ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.