Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac has macOS Sierra 10.12.6 installed. Just bought a new printer and can't install the drivers because they require a more recent version os than mine, yet there are no updates available for my mac? what can I do?

can I update or upgrade my os to allow installation of new printer? currently have Sierra 10.12.6 and no updates are listed

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and then on the download link for a newer OS. Your computer can be upgraded at least as far as High Sierra.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 as well as using the first link above.

(228746)

1 reply

my mac has macOS Sierra 10.12.6 installed. Just bought a new printer and can't install the drivers because they require a more recent version os than mine, yet there are no updates available for my mac? what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.