Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2013 Upgrade installer

I have a Mac Pro 2013 running Mavericks. I want to upgrade to Yosemite (or further) but there is no link to upgrade in the System Preferences. Where do I find the installer?

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 9:33 PM

A 2013 Mac Pro is capable of being upgraded up to macOS Monterey.

The support article you arrived here from, should provide you with the basic steps to upgrade. However, there may be situations where those steps will not work.

• The first thing to try is to boot up your Mac in Safe Mode, and then, try upgrading again.
  • The next is to see if the Apple download servers are on-line. You can do so, by going to this site: Apple - Support - System Status
  • If you are attempting to upgrade your Mac connected to a Wi-Fi network, try again, with it connected by Ethernet.
  • If you are still unsuccessful downloading it from System Preferences, try downloading it from here: How to download macOS - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 9:33 PM in response to otwendel

A 2013 Mac Pro is capable of being upgraded up to macOS Monterey.

The support article you arrived here from, should provide you with the basic steps to upgrade. However, there may be situations where those steps will not work.

• The first thing to try is to boot up your Mac in Safe Mode, and then, try upgrading again.
  • The next is to see if the Apple download servers are on-line. You can do so, by going to this site: Apple - Support - System Status
  • If you are attempting to upgrade your Mac connected to a Wi-Fi network, try again, with it connected by Ethernet.
  • If you are still unsuccessful downloading it from System Preferences, try downloading it from here: How to download macOS - Apple Support

Nov 16, 2022 9:27 AM in response to otwendel

I managed to get to the Monterey download page on the app store. When I select "Get" I have to log into my Apple account. I enter the ID and PW and get the not recognized message. I am fairly confident I am entering the correct credential. I can use my credentials on a different computer and they work without an error.

Any suggestions?

Mac Pro 2013 Upgrade installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.