Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my iPhone won’t update to iOS 16

Why can’t I upgrade my iPhone 11 to iOS 16

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 6:34 PM

8 replies

Nov 14, 2022 6:36 PM in response to Vmg666

Did you participate in the beta program of iOS version 15? If YES, then you may still have the beta profile installed on your iPhone and that is preventing you from updating to iOS version 16. To check this, open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ VPN & Device Management ➡️ Configuration Profile: Here, if you see a beta profile installed, then tap on it and then choose remove the profile. Once this is done, then restart your iPhone and attempt to update your iPhone again.

If the above does not apply to you, then read below:

—————————————-

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

Why my iPhone won’t update to iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.