Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TurboTax 2022

Downloaded TurboTax 2022 off Amazon and installed it in the Applications folder. But when I open it I get this message.

TurboTax can't be updated when it's running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move TurboTax to your Applications folder and relaunch it from there.

Thats where it is! Downloaded it three times and get the same message. Restarted the Mac also, same message.

Running Ventura

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 6:20 PM

It might not run on Ventura. Or if it does, you might need a newer download.

The Costco product page says: "Operating Systems: Windows 10 or 11; macOS Big Sur 11, Monterey 12"

However the official site says:

<https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements> says:

Mac CD/Download Products (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business) 

NOTE: TurboTax Business is Windows Only

• Operating Systems macOS Big Sur 11 or later (macOS Catalina 10.15 not supported)
    • Specific macOS: macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12

Technical Support

www.turbotax.com/support

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 6:20 PM in response to UpNorthBob

It might not run on Ventura. Or if it does, you might need a newer download.

The Costco product page says: "Operating Systems: Windows 10 or 11; macOS Big Sur 11, Monterey 12"

However the official site says:

<https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements> says:

Mac CD/Download Products (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business) 

NOTE: TurboTax Business is Windows Only

• Operating Systems macOS Big Sur 11 or later (macOS Catalina 10.15 not supported)
    • Specific macOS: macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12

Technical Support

www.turbotax.com/support

Nov 28, 2022 3:58 PM in response to UpNorthBob

Bob, I have another thought. (First I have to say that I've gone 3 rounds with their support team on Twitter and they are clearly not interested in helping. They refuse to mention Ventura one way or the other.)

There are actually 2 separate Applications folders on MacOS. (In some installers they ask install for all users or for this user only.)

(1) The commonly used one that you see directly in your Hard Drive. (For all users.) It's the one I expect you installed into, which wouldn't be wrong to do.

(2) Hard Drive name -> Users folder -> Your Username folder -> Applications (This user only.)

I wonder if the one you did not try might work. Worth a try?

Also, can you please update us if you've had success or if this works?

~Deb

Nov 30, 2022 12:18 AM in response to Deborah Shadovitz

Adding to what I have learned. I've been begging Intuit to update their support pages and mention Ventura. Happily, I received this response today:

"Although it's not specifically stated in our minimum system requirements for Mac operating systems, Ventura is a supported OS. We only specify the minimum requirements."

So I'm afraid I don't know how to solve Bob's issue but at least we know it should run.

TurboTax 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.