Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Monitor display

Howdy! Can anyone tell me how when I display via the USB-C I can use the full screen? Note the bars on the sides are several inches and the top and bottom also lose an inch. Thanks for any help you can provide.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 3:23 PM

Basic screen mirroring should be available to an external TV or connected monitor with iPadOS 16.1. However, Stage Manager support for external monitors is not yet available - this feature being planned for release later this year.

Be patient. It’s coming 🙂

Screen Mirroring to an external TV or monitor preserves the iPad’s screen aspect ratio. Unless your monitor will scale the display to fill the screen top-to-bottom, you’ll see a border around the mirrored screen. If re-scaled, you will instead see black bars to the left and right.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 3:23 PM in response to NTELLIGENTPANDA

Basic screen mirroring should be available to an external TV or connected monitor with iPadOS 16.1. However, Stage Manager support for external monitors is not yet available - this feature being planned for release later this year.

Be patient. It’s coming 🙂

Screen Mirroring to an external TV or monitor preserves the iPad’s screen aspect ratio. Unless your monitor will scale the display to fill the screen top-to-bottom, you’ll see a border around the mirrored screen. If re-scaled, you will instead see black bars to the left and right.

iPad Monitor display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.