Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing notes / all erased for some reason help?

While attempting to manage storage I’m my I phone 8 I somehow deleted my notes…. I guess. Trying to recover notes. I have through several answers but nothing is working. I was never asked to delete notes on screen at anytime. It is showing nothing on recently deleted. Thanks

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 1:01 PM

What were you syncing the notes with? If you were synching them to an email account, and you removed the email account from the phone, the notes would be removed also.

To get them back, re-add the account you removed.

4 replies

Nov 15, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Waterbuckhunter

Sounds right.

It’s a good bet your notes were synced to that email account (Settings>Mail>Accounts)

If that’s true, and you no longer work for the company or have access to re-add the account, then the notes are gone.

You should never, ever store any personal data on company systems. Everything on the company servers belongs to the company, not you.

Missing notes / all erased for some reason help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.