Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rearrange photos in an album

How can I rearrange photos in an album?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 8:17 AM

You can grab a thumbnail and drag it to the place you want it to be. The others will move around to make room for the one you're moving.

In an Album the pictures can be sorted automatically by date or title:

A better way to get the order you want might be to give each picture a title in the Info Window (command-I), add a number to the title, and then sorting them by title. That way you could try other arrangements and return to the title order. Dragging the pictures to order them is hard to reproduce if they get messed up.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 8:17 AM in response to ThirdCultureKid

You can grab a thumbnail and drag it to the place you want it to be. The others will move around to make room for the one you're moving.

In an Album the pictures can be sorted automatically by date or title:

A better way to get the order you want might be to give each picture a title in the Info Window (command-I), add a number to the title, and then sorting them by title. That way you could try other arrangements and return to the title order. Dragging the pictures to order them is hard to reproduce if they get messed up.

Rearrange photos in an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.