Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did the option to upgrade to Monterey go? Is this no longer an option from Big Sur ?

It disappeared as an option for me shortly after Ventura released. All I can see in my updates is the option to download Ventura 13.0.1. , and I'm waiting awhile on that.

I was never convinced that Monterey was something I needed so I never updated to it, but now that I see it not being offered as an option to me, I am worried that Big Sur will shortly become insecure.

iMac

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 7:01 PM

Hello,

You can find previous versions of macOS to download in the App Store. The below article links to them and I also included the macOS Monterey link for your convenience.

How to download macOS - Apple Support

Monterey 12

I hope this helps.

4 replies

Nov 15, 2022 7:52 PM in response to Scott-he-him

Thank you I will check; I wonder why this has changed to an App store choice, which BTW when I search in the AppSTore I cannot find it even though it shows as a viable KEYWORD search. However, I am super curious as to the reason it is no longer showing up *on* my mac after I select the menu bar Apple icon> 'About this Mac'

>Software Updates button. I don't have 'download new updates when

available' checked (see image) because I want to remain in control of

what downloads and when! Curious if I check that if it would

suddenly appear as an option.

I am wondering is Apple perhaps manipulating people into updating to Ventura by taking away the other options away in our systems' update windows, and forcing us to sign into the AppStore. What is the reason?

Where did the option to upgrade to Monterey go? Is this no longer an option from Big Sur ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.