Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro 11 cracked on it's own

Last night I took out my ipad pro and found out it had a crack from top to bottom, it didn't fall, nothing happened to it, I just found a crack.

😕

what do I do?

I'm in Nigeria and it'll be very expensive to fix it here.

I use this for work, is there a way this cracked screen issue can be fixed cos I don't understand why the screen will just crack on its own

iPad Pro, 14

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 9:31 PM

4 replies

Nov 15, 2022 10:09 PM in response to Ruzdane

I have owned all sorts of iPads and have never had a screen crack or break.

Screens do not crack or break all by themselves.

Something bad happened to that screen prior to it cracking.

Wkthout any real proof, convincing Apple that this a some sort of manufacturing defect, will be very difficult to prove.

Most Apple Stores do not repair iPads, but ONLY offer in/out-of-warranty device replacement.

If no paid, extended AppleCare+ warranty plan, for this expensive iPad, then device replacement, in lieu of an actual repair will be very costly at 60% of that iPad’s original OEM price from Apple.

If you had the foresight to purchase a paid extended AppleCare+ warranty plan, for that very expensive iPad, then replacement cost will be a much smaller fee of $49 U.S.D..

Your choice is either spend the money to replace the device OR, IF the device is still usable and functional, live with the crack until such time that it does become a functional issue and then decide, then, to replace the device when future funding may become available.

The choices are yours.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Ipad pro 11 cracked on it's own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.