Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro

Disaster! I have done what I probably absolutely should not have done, upgraded the OS to Ventura 13.0.1 and Logic Pro X to 10.7.5. I felt that everything worked well until now when I wanted to play the guitar. I can get through an extremely distorted and choppy sound. I see on the level meter for the track that something is happening but it doesn't work at all. I have tested adding loops and recorded audio regions to the same track and it works. I have tried my sound inteface guitar etc with Main stage and other programs and it works. What happened and what can I do to get it working again. Right now I'm panicking!

My computer is a iMac 27 2020.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 6:46 AM

Yes, you can do EXACTLY that.

Just annotate the name of the older app with _<version_number> so that the name isn't the same as the one in your Applications folder currently.

Double click the older app once you've put it in your Applications folder and you can run whatever version you like (as long as your current OS allows that version), they'll happily sit side by side as long as the names are different.

I currently have 3 different versions sitting in my Applications folder.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 6:46 AM in response to bodal

Yes, you can do EXACTLY that.

Just annotate the name of the older app with _<version_number> so that the name isn't the same as the one in your Applications folder currently.

Double click the older app once you've put it in your Applications folder and you can run whatever version you like (as long as your current OS allows that version), they'll happily sit side by side as long as the names are different.

I currently have 3 different versions sitting in my Applications folder.

Nov 20, 2022 3:52 AM in response to octopi

Hello Octopi and thanks for your support. I have however found a lot of interesting things. I did install the 10.3.3 version successfully BUT I had the same issue with the audio signal. The signals from my interfaces are extremely distorted and chopped. So, I was contacting Apple support again and after an other hour trial and error we tested to create another user and found that the problem with the audio then disappeared! So, the Apple recommended me to just move to the new user and scrap the old one. Easy said but in reality it is an h..... of a jobb. So my question now is if there could be other solutions. My guess is that there are some files someware that keeps user related data that could be erased or replaced. All input about this is very welcome!

Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.