Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want my iphone alarm to sound in the AM not my watch..

My phone alarm worked great before I added an iwatch8, now my morning alarm just rings on my watch. If I unpair my watch, my phone alarm rings, but when I pair it back my phone is silent the next norning. If they both rang that would be fine, but I really want my phone alarm back.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 4:57 PM

Is this one of the sleep alarms, or just a regular alarm? I just tested a regular alarm on my iPhone 14 Pro. I'm also wearing my Apple Watch Series 8. I set the alarm on the iPhone, and it went off on both devices, the Watch and the iPhone. The next test I did was to set the alarm on my iPhone and put the Watch on silence. That time, the sound went off on the iPhone, and the Watch vibrated.

If you go to the Watch app on the iPhone, you can change the setting for Push Alerts from iPhone. According to the explanation under the setting, it will push timers and alarms you have set on the iPhone to the Watch. So I took the time to set another alarm on the iPhone, took the Watch off silence, and turned off this switch. That time, the alarm only rang on the iPhone. I hope that is what you were looking for.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 4:57 PM in response to Iskiallday

Is this one of the sleep alarms, or just a regular alarm? I just tested a regular alarm on my iPhone 14 Pro. I'm also wearing my Apple Watch Series 8. I set the alarm on the iPhone, and it went off on both devices, the Watch and the iPhone. The next test I did was to set the alarm on my iPhone and put the Watch on silence. That time, the sound went off on the iPhone, and the Watch vibrated.

If you go to the Watch app on the iPhone, you can change the setting for Push Alerts from iPhone. According to the explanation under the setting, it will push timers and alarms you have set on the iPhone to the Watch. So I took the time to set another alarm on the iPhone, took the Watch off silence, and turned off this switch. That time, the alarm only rang on the iPhone. I hope that is what you were looking for.

Dec 20, 2022 7:18 AM in response to Iskiallday

I’m not sure if you have this resolved or not, but I’ll post here because I just figured it out and thought I’d share. If you are using the sleep schedule function and wear the watch at night, the alarm will only go to your watch. If you want the phone’s alarm to go off, you need to go into the alarms on the phone and add a new alarm.

I kept reading all the replies on this board with confusion because I set the alarms on my phone, but I was setting it through the sleep schedule. This is the setting where you choose the bedtime and the wake up time with the dial. If you add a new, traditional alarm, it will work as you intend.

I want my iphone alarm to sound in the AM not my watch..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.