Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor support for M1 Pro chip

Hi,

I am intending to purchase MacBook Pro 14 inch with Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU.

I have two external monitors (Dell P2419HC and 2419H) that I need to use.

will the Apple M1Pro chip MacBook Pro be able to support the functioning of the additional two external Dell monitors?

Thank you

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 7:36 PM

Please refer to this excerpt from MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) - Technical Specifications:

Display Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

• Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Pro) or
  • Up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Max)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 7:36 PM in response to yuan432

Please refer to this excerpt from MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) - Technical Specifications:

Display Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

• Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Pro) or
  • Up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Max)

External monitor support for M1 Pro chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.