Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen when mirroring

Hello, my iPad is presenting a black screen when mirroring to an Apple TV. Both are updated and will mirror on/with other devices. Any suggestions as to what maybe the issue

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 11:10 AM

I have suddenly The same issue. Solution mentioned are not working. Tried to hard Reset and back to factory at me iPad Pro 2017. Then it worked a while. Till i switched The sound at AppleTV A1842 To my HomePod. After that The screen went black when morriring. Issue appeared after updating my iPad and AppleTV to iOS 16. Mirroring from my iPhone XR to AppleTV works fine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 11:10 AM in response to Dorain1

I have suddenly The same issue. Solution mentioned are not working. Tried to hard Reset and back to factory at me iPad Pro 2017. Then it worked a while. Till i switched The sound at AppleTV A1842 To my HomePod. After that The screen went black when morriring. Issue appeared after updating my iPad and AppleTV to iOS 16. Mirroring from my iPhone XR to AppleTV works fine.

Nov 19, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Amathgirlk

Hey Amathgirlk,

You mentioned your devices are updated, so to confirm, the Apple TV shows tvOS 16.1 and the iPad shows version (if compatible) iPadOS 16.1.1.

Try these steps first
After each step, see if you still need help. 
1: Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
2: Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
3: Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

These steps and more are found in If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support.

Reach back out if needed.

Take care!

Black screen when mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.