Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing notifications from iwatch and iphone

Is it possible to get messages on both my iwatch AND iphone, even if phone is locked? My employer requires that my phone be locked when not in use & I'm missing half my messages. If I set it for only iphone, the watch is nearly pointless. This is not what "mirroring" means! Is there an app that can do this, if Apple won't? (I have an iPhone Xs and iWatch 8)

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 7:21 PM

If your iPhone is locked, then you will receive your notifications on your Apple Watch. That is how they are designed to be used. You cannot receive notifications on both devices together. The content will be received on both devices, but you will only receive the notifications on the Watch, unless the iPhone is unlocked and in use.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 7:21 PM in response to patricel

If your iPhone is locked, then you will receive your notifications on your Apple Watch. That is how they are designed to be used. You cannot receive notifications on both devices together. The content will be received on both devices, but you will only receive the notifications on the Watch, unless the iPhone is unlocked and in use.

missing notifications from iwatch and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.