Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage crashes each time I load it. What can I do?

When I tried to load iMessage on my MacBook Pro tonight, this message came up:

After I entered my email & password, iMessage loaded and about 5 seconds later crashed. I have tried to load it about 10 times, getting the same result each time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

I am running a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB DDR3. My OS is macOS Monterey Version 12.6.1

Thanks for any help you can give.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 2:08 AM

May it be suggested the user reads the Apple Support document in below link.

Once that has been explored to its' fullest and still no success, please do post back and will try some other Trouble Shooting procedures

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

4 replies

Nov 20, 2022 11:18 PM in response to PRP_53

Having go to the webpage from the link, I had done all of the suggested procedures before posting. That is up to Reset NVRAM. I had not tried that and did not attempt it because of scheduling issues. Nor did I attempt any options suggested after Reset NVRAM.

I did Shut Down my MB P and let it sit idle over night two nights.

When I tried to open Messages tonight, it loaded perfectly. Once again, the oldest trouble shooting step worked.

I do appreciate your response. Thank you!!

iMessage crashes each time I load it. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.