Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage stopped working after iOS 16 update

I installed latest update 16 this morning, now iMessages isn’t working. I went to settings and tapped the iMessage button several times to open. Didn’t work. I turned off phone and waited a few minutes then turned it back on. Still nothing. Went to settings agin, nope.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 10:35 AM

Hey there,

Is there any error message like this below:

• Waiting for activation
  • Activation unsuccessful
  • An error occurred during activation
  • Could not sign in, please check your network connection
  • Unable to contact the iMessage server. Try again.

If s, Check this article to learn what you have to do ☞ If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If See another error or if you facing another problem from what I thought , let us know with more details!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 10:35 AM in response to Dsw1976

Hey there,

Is there any error message like this below:

• Waiting for activation
  • Activation unsuccessful
  • An error occurred during activation
  • Could not sign in, please check your network connection
  • Unable to contact the iMessage server. Try again.

If s, Check this article to learn what you have to do ☞ If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If See another error or if you facing another problem from what I thought , let us know with more details!

iMessage stopped working after iOS 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.