Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to remove a phone number under my apple ID

How do I remove a phone number from my apple id

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 5:37 PM

Hi joshua56,

Welcome to the Apple Community

NB: You need at least one trusted phone number listed, in order to verify / access the account.

Apple Support's article: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID"

says:

"Update your trusted phone number on your Apple ID account page

Go to appleid.apple.com.

Sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click "Add a Trusted Phone Number" and enter the phone number. 

Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue

To remove a trusted phone number, click the X icon next to the phone number you want to remove".

The Complete article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 5:37 PM in response to joshual56

Hi joshua56,

Welcome to the Apple Community

NB: You need at least one trusted phone number listed, in order to verify / access the account.

Apple Support's article: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID"

says:

"Update your trusted phone number on your Apple ID account page

Go to appleid.apple.com.

Sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click "Add a Trusted Phone Number" and enter the phone number. 

Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue

To remove a trusted phone number, click the X icon next to the phone number you want to remove".

The Complete article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

All the best :-)

I need to remove a phone number under my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.