Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I keep my Bluetooth keyboard plugged into my new iMac all day?

Can I keep my keyboard plugged in all day long or does that effect the battery? Does the battery once plugged in and fully charge does the charger go off during the use of the thunderbolt cord? I aometimnes want to ekkp itt plugged in since i cant charge my mouse cause it on the bottom then would do the same the that as well. Just want to know if i am killling my battery if plugged in all day? Also anyone know qwh n the fix for mail will be done its not working and force to close when I quit it. I have a post out there for this and never get a god answer wish apple was watching some of this new stuff going on.

Thank you

Frank

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 9:43 AM

The battery on your Bluetooth keyboard will continue to drain at a trickle while connected to your iMac. If this is an Apple keyboard, the lightning to USB cable that came with it can remain connected to your Mac and the keyboard will continously charge as long as there is a power source (e.g. your iMac), or external Apple power adapter.

I am using an Apple (extended) Magic Keyboard with my M1 mini, and occasionally, I will click the Bluetooth symbol on the menu bar to check the percentage of charge reported there. Ordinarily, I would use an Apple external charger and charge the keyboard overnight, but otherwise, I will charge it while using it as outlined in the first paragraph.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 9:43 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

The battery on your Bluetooth keyboard will continue to drain at a trickle while connected to your iMac. If this is an Apple keyboard, the lightning to USB cable that came with it can remain connected to your Mac and the keyboard will continously charge as long as there is a power source (e.g. your iMac), or external Apple power adapter.

I am using an Apple (extended) Magic Keyboard with my M1 mini, and occasionally, I will click the Bluetooth symbol on the menu bar to check the percentage of charge reported there. Ordinarily, I would use an Apple external charger and charge the keyboard overnight, but otherwise, I will charge it while using it as outlined in the first paragraph.

Can I keep my Bluetooth keyboard plugged into my new iMac all day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.