Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad gen 10 connection to pencil 1

none of my USB C to lighting adaptors can pair my pencil to gen 10 ipad.

old gen 6 ipad and pencil work fine.

pencil is loaded to 100%

firmware is 2.61.00

The cables and adaptors are not from apple, yet they are recognized by both of old (6gen) and the new 10th gen ipad and work fine for charging

They just don't want to connect new 10 gen with old pencil

can someone help?

thanks

marcellmsqrd

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 4:50 PM

Those third party adapters may not be USB-C to Lightnng adapters, but the common Lightning to Lightning adapters.

Even if they are USB-C to Lightning adapters, these are third party adapters that maybe missing something ( an internal hardware chip ) that Apple's official USB-C to Lightning adapter may, no doubt, have.

Apple does this alot witn their own, “official” adapters, to prevent third party reverse engineeing/copying of their products, at least, for a little while.

Just Purchase the official $9 Apple USB-C to Lightning adapter.

I am positive the “real and official” adapter from Apple will work.

USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter - Apple

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 4:50 PM in response to marcellmsqrd

Those third party adapters may not be USB-C to Lightnng adapters, but the common Lightning to Lightning adapters.

Even if they are USB-C to Lightning adapters, these are third party adapters that maybe missing something ( an internal hardware chip ) that Apple's official USB-C to Lightning adapter may, no doubt, have.

Apple does this alot witn their own, “official” adapters, to prevent third party reverse engineeing/copying of their products, at least, for a little while.

Just Purchase the official $9 Apple USB-C to Lightning adapter.

I am positive the “real and official” adapter from Apple will work.

USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter - Apple

Best of Luck to You!

ipad gen 10 connection to pencil 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.