Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating MacBook to Latest Operating System?

I am trying to update my MacBook to the latest MacOs and I can only seem to get to Catalina. The version is not new enough to get certain Apps so how do I update to a newer OS?

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.15

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 11:46 AM

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See:How to download macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 11:46 AM in response to dgb6155

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See:How to download macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

Updating MacBook to Latest Operating System?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.