You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple news crashing on iPad

Apple News keeps crashing before I can even read one article. Have force closed app, restarted device, and deleted & reinstalled app with the same issue occurring. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 6:03 PM

7 replies

Nov 21, 2022 6:12 AM in response to vass68

There are at least two other separate recent postings relating to this issue which is getting worse. Lots of recent 1* reviews against app in UK App Store. One of the recent postings which I started currently has 110 “me too”s.

I would recommend reporting to Apple feedback as I have done .

Apple support seems inappropriate so I advise using Product Feedback - Apple The Feed Back site allows input with respect to hardware products, iOS & iPad OS, Mac OS Apps, iCloud and lastly SERVICES.  The latter includes APPLE NEWS.  It is more appropriate to report an obvious bug with the App/iOS than using Official Apple Support.

Dec 14, 2022 12:14 PM in response to vass68

On Tuesday 13/12/22 Apple released iOS and iPad OS16.2.  Still suffering from the Apple News persistent crashes on my 9.7” iPad Pro (no issues with iPhone) I had nothing to loose so decided to update.  

** Working on my theory that as Apple News is supposedly packaged with the OS I first of all uninstalled the News app but did not reinstall.**

**I then installed iPad OS 16.2.  The process was faultless but Apple News did not install as part of the process so I accessed  it via the App Store.**

Again there is no indication of the version number as with other Apple packaged Apps.  I dually reinstalled the News app which was also faultless and on completion opened it.  It was slightly slow to load up but then worked without crashing.  This was without having my topics set up.  Having copied a list of my topics I then populated the  app with these half expecting the crashing problem to recur due to my extensive list but am pleased to report it is now working as before OS16.1xx

So I presume a fix is now in place either with the News App and/or the OS update.

I just wish Apple would communicate with their users as a group when issues such as this occur.  Many thanks to those who have reported the issue to Apple per se and hope the problem has resolved for yourselves. I am however sorry to learn that some of you are still having problems after the update.

Apple news crashing on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.