Stuck in search on iPhone iOS 16.1.1

I upgraded to IOS 16 and now I can’t get out of the search screen. I can only swipe down for the time/notifications and settings. I can’t swipe up, tap, or search anything in the search bar. I’ve tried shutting the phone off and also restarting it, but it still shows this. I can get into apps from their notifications, but only the ones I have notifications for.

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 3:43 AM

Quick and easy fix, tell Siri to open your settings, scroll down to the “Home Screen” option and then where you see the “search” category just turn it off, and if it’s already off then turn it on and then off again. Should work just fine, no restart required.

18 replies

Nov 23, 2022 10:23 PM in response to Canaman1a

I completely shut it down and waited a couple hours, it went back to pretty well normal. When I restarted my phone, the wallpapers were gone from my Lock Screen and Home Screen. Also when I turned my phone back on, I went to my Settings, Home Screen, and turned off the search shown on the Home Screen so that this doesn’t happen again.

Stuck in search on iPhone iOS 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.