Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine error 19?

hello. Just set up a nrew/replacement Time Capsule, and Time Machine Buddy keeps reporting rhis message:
+Starting standard backup+
+Attempting to mount network destination using URL: afp://JG@TimeCapsule77.local/TimeCapsule77+
+NetAuthConnectToServerSync failed with error: 64 for url: afp://JG@TimeCapsule77.local/TimeCapsule77+
+Backup failed with error: 19+
S

Any ideas?

thank you!

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 14, 2010 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2010 8:22 AM

Have you told Time Machine about the new destination, via +Time Machine Preferences > Select Disk?+ If not, try that.

If still no help, try a "full reset" of Time Machine, per #A4 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting (or use the link in *User Tips* at the top of this forum).
7 replies

Aug 17, 2010 8:46 AM in response to Pondini

Ya, although I did that prior to posting this, I did it again, along with deleting some plists.
I deleted all the old wireless network, setup a new network in Airport Utility, and new backup disk with the new TC. For whatever reason, it decided to work this time...Temperamental little buggers aren't they.. 🙂
Thank you for all the help, much appreciated!!

Time Machine error 19?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.