Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return all files from iCloud

iCloud storage has all of my documents, music, pictures, etc. My intention was to select a folder from my iMac and keep it in iCloud. NOT every file on my hard drive. My network is limited to the devices I have at home. I can easily share documents between the devices. They do not need to be on iCloud for my purposes. PLEASE RETURN MY FILES TO MY IMAC HARD DRIVE. Thank you.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 6:45 PM

See the article Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Move items to your Mac and remove them from iCloud Drive

• On your Mac, drag items from iCloud Drive to another folder on the desktop or in the Finder sidebar, such as Recents or Downloads. 
  • The items are copied to your Mac and removed from iCloud Drive on all your devices set up for iCloud. If you change your mind, you can drag items back to iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 6:45 PM in response to BJW45-__

See the article Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Move items to your Mac and remove them from iCloud Drive

• On your Mac, drag items from iCloud Drive to another folder on the desktop or in the Finder sidebar, such as Recents or Downloads. 
  • The items are copied to your Mac and removed from iCloud Drive on all your devices set up for iCloud. If you change your mind, you can drag items back to iCloud Drive.

Return all files from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.