Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a mail in my gmail send me my old passwords and tell me I got hacked

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 2:58 PM

That's what we call "phishing" email. They are trying to get you to go to a site that looks official but isn't and type in personal information that is then stolen.

Read more here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

7 replies

Nov 19, 2022 9:03 AM in response to Mostafa2lgendy

Mostafa2lgendy wrote:

I changed all passwords for iCloud and gmail know I’m safe?

Here is how to better secure your access and accounts, and who you are sharing with:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

One of the biggest risks around is re-using passwords. (Apple flags these and related risks in their security recommendations. See: Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations)

Enabling two-factor authentication can give one last chance to avoid losing control of an Apple ID, too.

Nov 18, 2022 2:58 PM in response to Mostafa2lgendy

Mostafa2lgendy wrote:

One of the web services you’ve been using was breached. It happens.

See haveibeenpwned.com for known exposures of your account data; breaches where your credentials have been exposed.

If you are not re-using passwords, ignore it. Lots of these scam messages get spammed around.

If you are re-using passwords, well, now you know why that is bad, and you’ll want to go fix that re-use Right Now.

This all also includes enabling two-factor authentication, as that’s a last-chance means to avoid Apple ID compromise.

Nov 19, 2022 7:32 AM in response to Mostafa2lgendy

Mostafa2lgendy wrote:

I didn’t write anything know he hacked me then I didn’t write anything I take ss only

Unsure what you mean by “I take ss only”?

Web service breaches are unfortunately common, and I get these same messages quite often.

They’ll all spam scams.

They have your email address and an old password, so they write a program to send an ominous and threatening message through their spamming apps, and here we are.

Any details associated publicly with your email address—which was breached in conjunction with your (hopefully not re-used) password—is fodder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.