Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthatrization of old computers for iTunes

We authorized 5 older computers we no longer have. I want to get this new computer authorized but it says I am at my 5 computer limit. How can I deauthorize the old computers if I don't have access to any of them...

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 4:47 PM

To deauthorize all of your old computers, see the following excerpt from this Apple Support article: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 4:47 PM in response to JustforTiff

To deauthorize all of your old computers, see the following excerpt from this Apple Support article: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

Deauthatrization of old computers for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.