Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have the option of edit on my iPhone 11 to be able to retrieve deleted messages. I just installed the iOS 16.

I do not have the edit option in messages so I can retrieve deleted messages on my iPhone 11. I have installed iOS 16.

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 4:43 PM

If you deleted your messages while using iOS 16 on your iPhone, then you can check by tapping on the EDIT button in the Messages app and then Recently Deleted Messages. If there are no deleted messages then Recently Deleted option will not appear. 

If you deleted messages while you were using the previous iOS version(s) then those cannot be retrieved.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Ineedhelp508

If you deleted your messages while using iOS 16 on your iPhone, then you can check by tapping on the EDIT button in the Messages app and then Recently Deleted Messages. If there are no deleted messages then Recently Deleted option will not appear. 

If you deleted messages while you were using the previous iOS version(s) then those cannot be retrieved.

Axel F.

I do not have the option of edit on my iPhone 11 to be able to retrieve deleted messages. I just installed the iOS 16.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.