Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending failure

How to get rid of "sending failure" notifications in iMessage? I sent an SMS to the contact, it didn't arrive and I deleted it. And now I have this notification every day. HELP ME!

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 2:08 PM

Hey there RetroUser1,

Since the message has been deleted and the alert persists, try closing the Messages app and restarting your iPad. This can help just in case the issue is related to any app issues.

Should this continue, check for and install any available app and software updates. Follow the steps below to update your iPad:

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 2:08 PM in response to RetroUser1

Hey there RetroUser1,

Since the message has been deleted and the alert persists, try closing the Messages app and restarting your iPad. This can help just in case the issue is related to any app issues.

Should this continue, check for and install any available app and software updates. Follow the steps below to update your iPad:

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Take care!

Sending failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.