Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to track steps on the Watch?

how track steps watch

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 8:48 AM

Here is an article that should help:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/count-steps-with-apple-watch/

Basically it says this:

Set-up:

1. On the iPhone Watch app, My Watch>Health, enter height and other medical details
  2. Also My Watch>Privacy turn on the various sensors
  3. On the iPhone, make sure that Privacy>Location Services is ON, and watch services are set to While Using

Calibration:

1. Wearing your watch and with your iPhone handy, push the crown button on the watch to bring up apps, scroll to Workout, and choose Outdoor Walk.
  2. Walk outdoors for at least 20 minutes to calibrate the watch and to let if figure out the length of your step.

From then on, you can look at the Activity app and it will tell you how many steps you've made today.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 8:48 AM in response to barbarafromva

Here is an article that should help:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/count-steps-with-apple-watch/

Basically it says this:

Set-up:

1. On the iPhone Watch app, My Watch>Health, enter height and other medical details
  2. Also My Watch>Privacy turn on the various sensors
  3. On the iPhone, make sure that Privacy>Location Services is ON, and watch services are set to While Using

Calibration:

1. Wearing your watch and with your iPhone handy, push the crown button on the watch to bring up apps, scroll to Workout, and choose Outdoor Walk.
  2. Walk outdoors for at least 20 minutes to calibrate the watch and to let if figure out the length of your step.

From then on, you can look at the Activity app and it will tell you how many steps you've made today.

How to track steps on the Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.