Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Gmail pop-up?

I have accomplished a goal of not having pop-ups except for this one that is currently popping at gmail, informing the user to accept a Chrome browser. Will this stop after being offered hundreds of times, for it is already dozens of opening of gmail and it occurs each time. Or is there a work around for easily stopping it from coming up each time that gmail is opened?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 9:20 AM

I usually use Apple Mail to look at my GMAIL, but I tried Safari today and the first time I went to GMAIL using the browser interface, that pop up appeared, but after quitting Safari and reopening it I did not get the pop up again. This could be a cookies setting, you might experiment with more restrictive settings for google or gmail web addresses in your Safari Preferences, especially Privacy settings (Manage website data) and Websites settings. In the Websites settings, check Pop-Up Windows and also Content Blockers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 9:20 AM in response to allan299

I usually use Apple Mail to look at my GMAIL, but I tried Safari today and the first time I went to GMAIL using the browser interface, that pop up appeared, but after quitting Safari and reopening it I did not get the pop up again. This could be a cookies setting, you might experiment with more restrictive settings for google or gmail web addresses in your Safari Preferences, especially Privacy settings (Manage website data) and Websites settings. In the Websites settings, check Pop-Up Windows and also Content Blockers.

Nov 19, 2022 10:19 AM in response to steve626

These are useful things to know exist. Cleared Safari > manage website data and the pop up did not appear immediately after on entering Gmail; but don't want to do that each time I enter that website. My sense is that Google does all that it can to have you not delete material anywhere that you are interacting with their products, and my hunch is that this way your data if there and more available for them to make use of. Safari>Website settings I checked and already have them set to 'block & notify' and no not allow, so that didn't seem to make a difference for the pop-up suggesting one use the Chrome browser. Thank you for your suggestions, it was a good reminder that these features exist and where they are.

How to stop Gmail pop-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.