Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing green light on MacBook charger, early 2014

I just bought a new charger, flashing green light when plugged and unable to charge my MacBook Air. I have an older charger when plugged works just fine.

Tried SMC reset without any success for new charger. Is it possible the new charger is bad?? Or would there be some kind of incompatibility?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 4:06 PM

Hello!

I just bought a new charger, flashing green light when plugged and unable to charge my MacBook Air. I have an older charger when plugged works just fine.

Is this new charger an Apple-branded model? If not, you should return it and purchase the correct Apple charger:

Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter for MacBook Air - Apple

If it is an Apple-branded charger, learn what to do if the MagSafe cable or power adapter that came with your Mac laptop computer stops charging or exhibits other behaviors: If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 4:06 PM in response to drsayani

Hello!

Is this new charger an Apple-branded model? If not, you should return it and purchase the correct Apple charger:

Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter for MacBook Air - Apple

If it is an Apple-branded charger, learn what to do if the MagSafe cable or power adapter that came with your Mac laptop computer stops charging or exhibits other behaviors: If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support.

Jack

Flashing green light on MacBook charger, early 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.