Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong chronological order in Calendar app when event stretches over two days

In Calendar, events are usually sorted chronologically such that those occurring earlier appear at the top. However, I've noticed that when an event stretches across two days (e.g. a long flight), Calendar places this event at the top even when other events are preceding it.

Is there a way to fix this such that events always appear in chronological order from top to bottom?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 3:36 AM

I believe this is only the case in Month view, and it appears to be by design.

On the other hand, if you switch to Week view, events appear in chronological order.

If you think this could be a bug, use feedback to report (but again, I think it is intentional).

https://www.apple.com/feedback

5 replies

Nov 20, 2022 3:47 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Yes, I've noticed that too. Unfortunately, I mostly use the month view. Before I submit a bug report, could you elaborate on why you think this is by design rather than a bug? It would make sense if this was an "all-day" event, but for events with a fixed start and end time it is possible to have them appear in chronological order and still stretch across multiple days, so I don't see why someone would intentionally mess up the chronological order when there seems to be no need to.

Wrong chronological order in Calendar app when event stretches over two days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.