Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my new iPhone to iTunes so I can restore info on new phone

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 6:37 PM

Yes, it should do. If you're concerned and want to preserve your old backup just in case it were to be overwritten see Archive iOS back-up on Windows - Apple Community.

tt2

6 replies

Nov 20, 2022 10:16 AM in response to Dazzlingred

Did you backup your old phone, or do you still have it? Is all the media that was on your old phone exist in your iTunes library, or was it only stored on the old phone? Typically you would backup the outgoing phone and reclaim any media from it before obtaining the new one. You then restore your backup, and add in the media from the library.

tt2

Nov 25, 2022 11:35 PM in response to turingtest2

I backed up my iphone just before I purchased my new iphone 14 Prox Max. As Apple suggested I trasnferred by old phone to my new one side by side. All my information and data etc was successfully transferred over. Now when I want to back up my phone in a month to Itunes. In Itunes I just click on "back up" button (Itunes will automatically know it is a new phone?) & will back it up?

Nov 25, 2022 11:36 PM in response to turingtest2

I backed up my iphone just before I purchased my new iphone 14 Prox Max. As Apple suggested I trasnferred by old phone to my new one side by side. All my information and data etc was successfully transferred over. Now when I want to back up my phone in a month to Itunes. In Itunes I just click on "back up" button (Itunes will automatically know it is a new phone?) & will back it up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.