Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone had a problem and when i connected the mobile with the itunes, the mobile made restore and update to IOS16

when i connect the iphone to itunes it made restore and update IOS16 then all the current data on the the mobile deleted because i didn't have any previous backup and only the data on icloud returned but with only 5G , but the deleted data was 250G, so please can you help me to return the deleted data throw apple surver ?

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:10 PM

There is no way to recover data lost in a restore; the data no longer exists. The same way it wouldn’t exist if your phone was lost, stole, dropped in a toilet or thrown under a bus. That’s why it is essential to back up all important data on whatever device you are using, be it a PC, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, or any other Apple or non-Apple device.

Did you sync data to iCloud? Did you back it up to your computer? Did you back it up to iCloud (which is completely independent of syncing it to iCloud)?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 1:10 PM in response to yasminenoureldin

There is no way to recover data lost in a restore; the data no longer exists. The same way it wouldn’t exist if your phone was lost, stole, dropped in a toilet or thrown under a bus. That’s why it is essential to back up all important data on whatever device you are using, be it a PC, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, or any other Apple or non-Apple device.

Did you sync data to iCloud? Did you back it up to your computer? Did you back it up to iCloud (which is completely independent of syncing it to iCloud)?

my iphone had a problem and when i connected the mobile with the itunes, the mobile made restore and update to IOS16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.